5.14.2012

ikea maskros lamp

There are so many fabulous versions of this Ikea maskros lamp. Here is one I did about a year ago for our store in Chattanooga.   I started with some paper bowls and I used curved nail scissors to cut out a flower shape.
I painted the insides with left over pink ceiling paint.
The outsides had a woven texture to them and I loved how the gold paint from Martha Stewart looked on them.
I painted the inside of the lamp with gold spray paint and then hot glued on the bowls.
I was thrilled with the outcome.  The one negative was that the bowls were a little heavy so the top ones leaned down a bit.  I am sure no one else would notice. 
This was not a quick project but I enjoyed the slow cutting part.  It was kind of like having a needlepoint project.

Now on to all of the other projects that I have started but not finished....

I hope that your Monday is off to a great start!

15 comments:

birdie blue said...

a completely amazing ikea hack, kayce. love the pink with the textured metallic, and can i just say your store looks stunning. i'd love to move in...

xo
molly

Lynzy said...

This lamp came out incredible! Definitely saving this as a DIY in the near future!!
Lynzy

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

Wow! Impressive. It looks fantastic in your shop!

Jennifer C. Webb said...

unreal! How in the world did you do that....amazing

A Perfect Gray said...

crazy good, my friend.

Kim@Chattafabulous said...

Kayce, you have to make one for me. Turned out great!

Lynne said...

That is the best one I have seen so far! LOVE the pink and gold.

Brilliant Chic said...

Very clever and I adore the pink and gold!

Nicole said...

I have seen several versions of the Ikea maskros "hack," and yours is, hands down, my favorite! Absolutely adorable.

I'm in the DC area, but my husband is a Chattanooga boy, and I can't wait to check out your fixture in person during our trip to Chatty this summer.

3 Peanuts said...

WOW! How beautiful and unique. I love the combination of pink and gold. It is gorgeous! Thank you for your comments this week. As you can see, I am a big fan of your clothing (well and of you as well!).

Martina said...

WOW, such an amazing project! I admire your patience and accuracy - i couldn't have done this unless with a lot of help ;)

JMW said...

What a fabulous lamp! Cheers to you for making it!

Unknown said...

Kayce-this is amazing! I see the bowls and paint and scissors, but what did you use for the remaining parts... the long pieces attached to the inside of the lamp? Did you use the existing Ikea lamp, then just add the bowls?? This is awesome, and it looks perfect in your store!
Best, Whitley
www.thequeencitystyle.com

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Beautiful! I would never think to do this! Love it!

Heather Moore Grahling | Vivid Hue Home said...

I just love this idea! found it from google search and I'm your newest follower! love love love!